Waldir Calmon Gomes (30/01/1919 Rio Novo, MG - 11/04/1982, Rio de Janeiro, RJ) started learning piano influenced by his mother at the age of 11. While still in school, he formed a group in Juiz de Fora, MG, where he did the singing. In 1936 the family moved to Rio de Janeiro where he met Benedito Lacerda. During the early 1940's he decided to abandon music and started working as a clerk on a bank, but in 1942 he enlinsted in the Army.
For more information, please visit the Dicionário Cravo Albin da Música Popular Brasileira.
Waldir Calmon E Seu Novo Feito Para Dançar B
01. Ansiedad (José Henrique Sarabia Rodríguez) • 3:30
02. Nunca Aos Domingos (Never On Sunday) (Manos Hadjidakis) • 2:42
03. A Lua É Dos Namorados (Armando Cavalcante/Klécius Caldas/Brazinha) • 2:31
04. Misty (Eroll Garner/Johnny Burke) • 2:48
05. Look For A Star (Michael Anthony) • 3:19
06. Eu Não - com GRES São Clemente)
(Waldir Calmon/Ely Campos) • 3:53
07. Tema do Concerto Nº 2 (Rachmaninoff) • 4:54
The Man I Love (George Gershwin/Ira Gershwin)
08. Boato (João Roberto Kelly) • 2:07
09. Mack The Knife (Kurt Weill/Bert Brecht) • 5:16
Tip-Tip-Tin (María Grever/Raymond Leveen)