Carlos Nobre (born Nomar Nobre Chatelain - 06/06/1934 - 07/2009, in Vitória, ES), to a family headed by the conductor Antônio Nobre Filho, formed the group Amantes do Samba at the age of 12, inspired by the Demônios da Garoa. In 1952, having moved to Rio de Janeiro, he met Paulo Gracindo and Adelino Moreira, who encouraged him to be an artist. At the gafieira Danças Brasil he covered Jamelão's breaks, also being the crooner of Ruy Rey's Orquestra and the vocalist of the bolero club and of the dance group led by Chiquinho do Acordeon. He also performed at the radios Mayrink Veiga (for three years), Clube, Mauá, and Nacional (invited to the latter by Paulo Gracindo).
His first recording was in 1955 at Polydor with "Toada de Amor" and "Por Que Não Vens" (Peterpan). Achieving second place at Ary Barroso's novice show at the TV Tupi in 1957 (as Ary Barroso explained privately to him, the first prize would be shared by five candidates), Carlos Nobre recorded other eight albums through Todamérica, but his first hit came only after his friend Adelino Moreira took him to RCA Victor, where he recorded, with extraordinary success, his biggest hit, the samba-canção "Ciclone" (Adelino Moreira). Now a famous artist, Carlos Nobre was awarded in 1959 and 1960 by the TV Record with the Chico Viola prize, for the high selling of his albums "Ciclone" and "Amor em Serenata" (Raul Sampaio/Ivo Santos).
Carlos Nobre also had originals like "Pressentimento" (with René Bittencourt) and "Amor Desfeito" (with Raul Sampaio) recorded by other interpreters.
O Seresteiro Moderno
01. Ironia (Adelino Moreira) • 2:55
02. Rua Não É Moradia (René Bittencourt/Carlos Nobre) • 2:28
03. Censura (Raul Sampaio/Benil Santos) • 2:33
04. Tormento (Hervelto Martins/Marino Pinto) • 2:14
05. Resultado (Armando Cavalcanti/Klécius Caldas) • 3:02
06. Horas Amargas (Almeida Rêgo/Alvez Moralez) • 2:24
07. Amor Impossível (Raul Sampaio/Carlos Nobre) • 3:11
08. Pode Beijar Aquela Moça (Waldemar Ressureição) • 3:15
09. Aqui (Raul Sampaio/Carlos Nobre) • 3:09
10. Senhora Viúva (Raul Sampaio) • 2:18
11. Benedito (René Bittencourt) • 3:28
12. O Silêncio Da Noite (Nilton Teixeira/Carlos Nobre) • 2:14